Monday, May 17, 2010

Jahovah Jireh!

As, most of the world knows, we are leaving on vacation in 2 days! (woohoo!) It was a goal of ours to have all our bills paid and current before we left on vacation. Mostly because in the past we have been caught up in the excitement of actually getting ready to leave and we space our bills, only to come home to past due notices and late fees. This time we put them first and our trip second.

We have three bills left to pay before we leave; Gas, water, and satellite... We have our trip budget set aside and we have vowed not to use it, or dip into it until the day we leave. So, trying to be on the ball, I total up the bills, and match it against what I will be making in the next two days with grooms. (Not wanting to take my checking account any lower or I wont have any spending money for fun things.) My heart sinks... $30 short. In my brain, one dog groom short. The one groom who had an appointment that would have made everything balance, who cancelled two days ago...dang.

Frustrated, I head back to the laundry room, my second home these days. I am folding laundry, my resolve to go on vacation with all my bills paid is fading, and I am just about ready to dip into the vacation fund for that extra $30. Then from out of nowhere, an old song from church comes into my head. Jahovah Jireh, My provider... I am humming along and all at once everything clicks! My provider, if its meant to be, then HE will provide that extra $30 for me. About that time, like almost the same instant that the little LED bulb went off above my head, the phone rings. Its a client, who "desperately needs to get their dog in..." come to find out, they can only do it at the exact same time slot as the cancellation from a few days ago.

And Voila! Just like that... Jahovah Jireh!

No comments:

Post a Comment